Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daughter of God Week Day 3

Today is about self talk.  You know, the kind that we can either damage ourselves with, or build ourselves up with.  We are suppose to list 25 positive things about ourselves.

  • I'm smart
  • I'm crafty
  • I'm a good friend
  • I'm an amazing aunt
  • I fulfill my callings
  • I am kind
  • I am sweet
  • I'm funny
  • I'm a good listener
  • I can figure things out on my own.
  • I try to help others
  • I can do hard things
  • I'm a lot of fun to be around
  • I can dance
  • I have great taste in shoes
  • I will drop everything for a friend
  • I love to read a good book
  • I love to serve the young women in my ward
  • I am compassionate
  • I am brave
  • I am strong
  • I am a good sister
  • I am a good daughter
  • I can make things that bring people happiness
  • I work hard
  • I like to learn new things
  • I have a desire to do what is right.
That was much more difficult than I thought it would be.  I think that it is often not the easiest thing to find the positive in yourself.  At least for me, it isn't.  I look around at all of the amazing people in my life and find my self comparing myself to them all of the time.  Instead of thinking, "oh, I do that well," I think, " man, I wish I was more like so and so."  I am going to try to recognize the positive things about me more often.

No comments: