
OK, so I'm sitting in my film class minding my own business when we start to discuss the new film that we are about to watch. My teacher starts talking about how during WW2 women were in the work force, and finally knowing that they could do the same work that men could do, when he suddenly says, "and some women are still dinosaurs because they think a woman's place is in the home." My first thought was, did he really just call me a dinosaur? OK, so maybe according to his thought process, I am. I had a really interesting conversation with a friend on Sunday. He thought that part of the problem with society today is that women are abandoning their families for other things such as work, school, things that society tells us will fulfill us. He's right. So many families have been torn apart because we begin to listen to what society as coined as the "norm". What kills me is that I would love the opportunity to be a mom, and a wife. Those are the most important things that any woman can do with her life. So call me a dinosaur if you wish. I know what's important, and I'll happily wear that title!
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
I'm a Dinosaur...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















6 comments:
Im a Dinoaur to, Stand tall there are alot more dino's out there then you know.
amen girl, call me a dinosaur too!
You know, I'm in school and trying to balance that and my responsibilities of being a mom and wife. I miss just being an at-home dinosaur. : D
oooo that would make me so mad!! I would so go off on that teacher!
I am a happy dinosaur too, but do I look like the one you have on your post? I would like to think of myself as a semi-stylish dinosaur :)
Thanks for your comments ladies! I think that you are all amazing dinosaurs!
Post a Comment