Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted!!!!!

This is such a huge thing for me. I know that other people feel this way too, but let me explain why I feel this way. I am so grateful that I live in this country. I am grateful that we enjoy the freedoms that we have. Like many people, I have had members of my family serve in the armed forces. The sacrifices that they made will not be forgotten. My grandfather was stationed at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked. I can't imagine how scary it was for him, but I also know that he wouldn't change it. I love my country. I love that I have a voice in how my government is run. My voice matters, and I think that it would be incredibly wrong not to use that voice, so I voted today. My voice will be heard!



3 comments:

Dana said...

Hi Jen...I really like that color on you...and YAY for voting!! Love, Dana

Trevor said...

You know Jen, this country would be so much better if more people understood the importance of voting. We could take the power back from the the ruling class in this country and put it back in the hands of the people.

Alana's World said...

Hi Jen! when are you gonna post again? i really enjoy looking at your blog! i love you so much!

Love,
Alana