Friday, February 1, 2008

A Beloved Prophet of God


I know that everyone is putting stuff like this up on their blogs, but I really wanted to take a moment to reflect on President Hinckley's life. What a blessing he was to all of the world. While he will truly be missed, I can't help but think of the rejoicing that was done when he returned home. I read the statement that the Quorum of the Twelve released following President Hinckley's death. I can only echo their sentiments: “We will miss his wit and his wisdom, his leadership and his love. However, we cannot but rejoice in his reunion with his beloved Marjorie, with his parents and other family members who have gone before, and with the prophets of God, both ancient and modern, among whose eternal ranks he now stands. As the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles we echo the voice of the Master, ‘Well done, thou good and faithful servant. … Enter into the joy of thy Lord.’ ” I know that I was blessed because of President Hinckley's unwavering testimony, and service, as was the world. He will be missed, but there is also so much joy as he returns home.

No comments: